Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update on our return trip

We just got word from our facilitator that we will likely be returning to Ukraine a week later than we had originally hoped.  It looks like we won't be able to get into the SDA again for Nastia until the last week of May.

It is required that her paperwork remain on the regional registry for an entire month, then the SDA has to invite us over.  We'll keep you posted on things when we get a firm date.

I have to admit that I'm sad that it's later than we'd hoped for.  But, I just got off the phone with a friend.  Our conversation was about faith and letting the Lord guide.  I had just testified to her that I knew the Lord is in charge...and then the word about needing to wait came.  Oh, how the Lord knows I need practice in faith!

Anything that happens to us presents us with opportunities to practice all we are supposed to know and all we are supposed to be.  It helps to remember that when the disappointments occur.  Wish I were better at it, though!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alisa... hang on! I am so sorry! You are an amazing and beautiful lady, and I am so sure the Lord is mindful of you and your family, and is watching over Nastia and Ruslan. Nevertheless I am keeping your family in my prayers. They will be in your arms soon.. bless your heart. Hugs from Santaquin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so perhaps you all will be there when I come from Denver. Disappointing as the delay of your return trip is for you, I am happy to think that I can actually see you for a few days. I come on May 29th.

    ReplyDelete